Locate a parent
These services are available to individuals who are not receiving full child support services, but who request help in locating a parent.
These services may be requested only for the purpose of:
- establishing a court order for paternity, child support, or medical support;
- collecting court-ordered support; or
- enforcing custody or visitation.
The State Parent Locator Service provides only information about the missing parent's possible location(s). The State Parent Locator Service obtains the latest available address and employment information about the missing parent from state and federal records, and forwards that information to the applicant. The State Parent Locator Service is not permitted to verify or investigate the information obtained, and cannot guarantee that the missing parent will be found.
Who May Use Locate-Only Services
You may apply for State Parent Locator Service if you are:
- the custodial parent with physical possession of the child(ren);
- a person (other than a parent) who, for at least the past six months, has had physical possession of the child(ren);
- the legal guardian or managing conservator with legal custody of the child(ren);
- a judge or agent of a court with jurisdiction over the paternity and/or support case;
- a court with jurisdiction to enforce custody or visitation; or
- the attorney of the child(ren) for whom paternity and/or support is sought.
Complete the application and send it to:
Office of the Attorney General
Child Support Division - MC 040
State Parent Locate Service
P.O. Box 12017
Austin, TX 78711-2017